Saturday, April 14, 2012

Chicago FAIL


We arrived in Chicago Thursday night, and on the drive in I felt like I was coming down with the cold M has had since Florida. Waking up Friday morning, it was confirmed, but I downed some medicine and had a full day walking around the city.

Waking up this morning was another story. Despite sticking to water when we went to the bar last night, I woke up feeling like an 18 wheeler ran over my head. I sucked it up and went to the Field Museum with everyone, despite feeling dazed and feverish. We came back to our friend's apartment around 5pm, and I took a nap while M and his friend went out to the record shop and beverage center.

That brings us to now: 9pm on a Saturday night in Chicago and I am sitting on our friend's couch watching reality television and trying to down a pint of orange juice. Too feverish to go out to dinner with everyone else, and definitely not up for going out to a packed bar on a Saturday night. 

Tomorrow morning we leave Chicago, hoping to hit Cleveland in time to grab dinner on our way through to Buffalo. I'm hoping staying in tonight and going to sleep early will help tomorrow be a better day.

1 comment:

leave us a note, we love to hear from you!