Monday, July 30, 2012

A day at the track

 A couple of weekends back, M and I got up early and hit the track for the first time this summer. In case you missed the article I wrote for the local blog, All Over Albany, you can catch up here and read all about why it is key to get there early!


 We got our picnic table and got down to making our picks for the day.


 I based my picks on the top two jockeys and the trainer I like. These picks didn't let me down. I mostly bet Show bets, and every race I bet I walked away with something. Enough to keep be in the black all day and allow for one big bet on my pick of the day: a horse in the last race trained by my favorite trainer and ridden by one of the top two jockeys. My reasoning was this combination meant this horse couldn't lose. So I placed a $10 Win/Place/Show bet (which costs $30 to place).  I took my ticket to the rail and held my breath.


My pick won the race! His odds weren't spectacular, but he netted me a $45 profit. All in all a winning day in my book.

1 comment:

  1. we tried to go to the races in del mar when my dad was visiting, but we got there waaay too early, so we went to the zoo instead! Also, have I mentioned lately how much I love your blog. I love seeing bits and pieces of your life and I really do with we were closer, I feel like we would be attached at the hip. xoxo.

    ReplyDelete

leave us a note, we love to hear from you!