Monday, June 25, 2012

Triangle Diner

 M and I went to an antique show this weekend and found ourselves in need of brunch after our early morning browsing. We had already tried a few diners in the area and wanted to find some place new. I searched for 'breakfast' on my Yelp app, and the Triangle Diner came up with the highest ratings. It was a 10 minute drive from where we were, so we decided to give it a go.


 Walking in, it was BUSY but moving quickly. We waited about 5 minutes for a table. I really liked the black and white themed interior, especially the checkerboard floor. The seats at the counter did not have backs on them, so we definitely needed to wait for a table.


 Yelp reviewers did not disappoint. The menu had some great omelettes, pancakes, and french toast options along with regular breakfast staples. Their breakfast specials were irresistible and we both ended up ordering a special.


 I had a REALLY tough time deciding between two specials. They had a Chocolate Chip Honey french toast that sounded AMAZING. But I decided to go with the slightly more healthy California Benedict. It was eggs benedict, but instead of the usual meat it had tomato and avocado slices. It was amazing. The homefries were ok, but they were nothing to write home about.


 M's special was the Irish Benedict. Eggs benedict with corned beef hash instead of the usually bacon or ham. He said it was delicious. I had to take his word for it since his dish wasn't exactly vegetarian friendly.


One thing the Trinagle does that is rare around here is offering a single slice of french toast as a side. It wasn't quite as well seasoned as the side of french toast at Otto's, and it was a little eggy for my taste, but not bad! If we ever find ourselves needing breakfast in the Saratoga area, this may be our new go-to!

2 comments:

  1. I love trying out new places & seeing what other people try! Looks yummy! I love that it was in Saratoga too because I grew up in a town named after Saratoga Springs in California.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh, looks so good! I love diners. I love breakfast, so pretty obvious I love everything about this! :)

    ReplyDelete

leave us a note, we love to hear from you!