Thursday, November 25, 2010

week of thanks: my family

I am thankful for:
my family

Thanksgiving isn't the same as it used to be. We lost an Aunt in a car accident on the Thanksgiving when I was in 7th grade, and holidays have never been the same since. I miss how we used to all pack into the car and go to Grandma's house and see everyone on Thanksgiving and Christmas. These days people are busy, have other places to go, can only stop in for a minute. It's not the same as the old days of the packed house and loud conversations and endless food. But what we've been through as a family also makes Thanksgiving that much more special, because we know what it's like to have someone missing from the table and appreciate how Thankful we are to be able to spend time with the people who are still here. I love you all, and I'm so thankful to be spending another Thanksgiving with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave us a note, we love to hear from you!