Sunday, December 25, 2011

merry christmas







1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? 
hot chocolate, with peppermint!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? 
He just drops them off, his elves do all of the work.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
 I like white on the house, but colored on the tree because it reminds me of my childhood.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? 
No. We never did when I was a kid, so I never think to now in my own house.

5. When do you put your decorations up? 
The day after Thanksgiving, if we have time! 

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? 
When I was a kid, it used to be a chocolate pudding pie that my aunt would make only on Christmas. These days, I really like sweet potatoes and canned cranberry sauce!

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? 
Waking up Christmas morning and coming downstairs before the sun even came up to see the tree lit up and the bottom of the tree overflowing with presents for my brother, sister, and I.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? 
I don't remember, really. I just remember that one year I just kinda knew and it wasn't a big soul crushing deal.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? 
When I was little we used to go to my Grandma's house and open only presents from her. But in our immediate family, we only opened them Christmas morning.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? 
I have M take it out of the box and put the lights on it. Then we add our saved special ornaments from our childhoods, and the few we've collected together the past few Christmases.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?
 I love fresh snow in December. If there could be no snow after January 1,  I would love snow. But when it lingers on into March and sometimes April...I'm so over snow.

12. Can you ice skate? 
My dad taught us how to ice skate when I was little, and I LOVED it. I haven't skated in years, but I think I still could if I tried.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? 
I don't remember one specifically. I was always pretty fortunate that Santa was good to our family.

14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? 
Giving gifts to others and spending time with family.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? 
Pie.... Pecan Pie.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? 
Listening to A Charlie Brown Christmas on vinyl with M all December long.

17. What tops your tree? 
Patrick from Sponge Bob dressed as a spartan. M won him for me from one of those claw machines a few years ago.

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? 
Giving. I love giving gifts, but I HATE receiving them. And I REALLY hate opening them in front of other people.

19. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? 
I love traditional peppermint candy canes, but I hate all the newer different flavored candy canes.

20. Favorite Christmas show? 
Nester the Christmas Donkey

21. Saddest Christmas Song? 
O Holy Night

22. What is your favorite Christmas song? 
Christmas Time Is Here - Vince Guraldi Trio

(taken from Jess @ IRockSoWhat)

1 comment:

  1. What a cute picture! Merry Christmas! :)

    --Amanda
    http://anthropomorphity.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

leave us a note, we love to hear from you!