Thursday, January 5, 2012

That was short lived...

We lasted two days on the juice fast. We were shooting for 5-10. By the end of the second day, I was getting very cranky and so hungry. I know they say if you can push through the first few days the rest are easier. But I couldn't. Now I know how hard it is, and when we try again, will know what to expect.

We will, however be juicing regularly just for the micronutrients and health benefits. We just decided we'd rather get in shape by working up a sweat with Insanity rather than juice fasting. Eating healthier is easier than eating nothing. 

We're definitely going to try this again before the spring, and we'll let you know how far we make it then. ;)

4 comments:

  1. 48 hours is the longest I could go before I phased in and out for 2 days before I started and 1 day after, otherwise it's just waaay too much of a shock to your body. you guys were smart to end this round when you got cranky. day 3 is much much worse mood wise :)

    juicing regularly is far better than the cleanses anyway!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I don't think I could do this. Although, I do like smoothies and juice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, better than nothing! :)

    -Sara-

    ReplyDelete
  4. I impressed that you tried it at all. I have been wanting to try it for years but never had the will power. In my reading I found that they recommend slowly changing your diet ahead of time to prepare your body for it...like Mary said. I still think it would be so hard. If I didn't have to go to work or be around other people it might not be as bad. I bet I would not be a very happy marci. :-)

    I might try juicing to add to my diet just to be healthier. How did you like the Breville juicer?

    ReplyDelete

leave us a note, we love to hear from you!