Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Poughkeepsie Palace

M and I took a day trip to Poughkeepsie, and of course we had to hit up a local diner while we were there.

We did a little internet research, and found a top rated place to check out.


The Palace Diner sure hit the bill on exterior decor!


The menu was extensive and hit the mark for both "diner-diner" food AND upscale diner food.


We were seated at a booth with a jukebox, and our awesome waitress had us sipping on coffees in no time. Truth be told, the coffee was a little bitter, but everything else more than made up for it.


M ordered his short stack with REAL maple syrup, and this little gem was delivered at his request.


 I had my staple: two eggs over easy, ham, home fries, and rye toast. It was delicious.


 M's short stack had a pat of butter and a sprinkle of powdered sugar.



M's eggs benedict. He said this was good, but no where NEAR as good as the eggs benedict that he gets at Jack's in Albany.


I ordered a short stack of sweet potato pancakes. I can not tell you how delicious these are! It was like eating sweet potato pie in pancake form.

Eating at the Palace made me wish that it was close than 2 hours away. If you ever find yourself in the Hudson Valley, this is definitely a place worth checking out.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the Palace Diner!! My corporate office is in Poughkeepsie. I love their breakfast and greek salads!

    ReplyDelete

leave us a note, we love to hear from you!