Wednesday, August 11, 2010

a day at the races

M grabs a swig of his PBR before we head off to show Kelly how to bet.

After Kelly's quick lesson with the automated betting terminals, it was out to the track to take in the early afternoon sun.

No, you can't drag your lawn chairs up and plop them right in front of the fence, thanks.

And please, when you're watching the race...stay off the hydrant. As a favor. Please.

We had enough time before the first race to run over to the new Shake Shack location at the track and grab some lunch. This is M's burger...he finished his fries before we even got back to the table!

My burger. I decided to skip the traditional ketchup, and try it with just the shack sauce. It was delicious! But I was kicking myself because I didn't bring my purse to the track...only my camera bag. And....I forgot to pack my lactase pills in the camera bag. So no shake for me. Next time, for sure though!

M's aunt Jo showed up with some beer kozy's that he couldn't resist.

2 comments:

  1. Yes! You had Shake Shack!! I am so into the Shack sauce it's not even funny :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh, no lactose pills again? Huge bummer! I don't know if I could give up ketchup for a different kind of sauce. Ketchup is... more than a condiment to me, haha! I love it.

    ReplyDelete

leave us a note, we love to hear from you!