Monday, May 24, 2010

blue ribbon diner


I know the past few diner reviews have been pretty harsh, but we've been finding in our journeys that not all diners are created equal. I'd heard many good things about the Blue Ribbon Diner, but I'm gonna be honest here, the Blue Ribbon Diner is a lot like another Blue Ribbon: Pabst. On the outside it has a classic look to it, but inside it's cheap and a little trashy. 


 We went for breakfast on a Sunday morning and the service was friendly and quick, but the food we were presented with was less than visually stunning. Two eggs over easy served with some half burnt homefries and rye toast that could barely be classified as toasted. And the yolk of one of my eggs was broken when they served it to be, a big pet peeve of mine. I want to break the yolk myself so I can eat it before it gets that weird skin on it from being exposed to the air for too long. The french toast was seasoned and cooked well, but was made from slices of white bread as opposed to the thicker breads other local diners use. The coffee was fresh and had a good flavor to it. 

The food wasn't bad, but better presentation and higher quality ingredients would go a long way.

3 comments:

  1. Maybe it would have been better if you were drinking Pabst WITH your food! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also picky about how my food is presented! Don't feel bad about giving harsh reviews! Smaller diners have to compete with the big chair restaurants we are all accustomed to who make presentation of their food a priority.

    ReplyDelete

leave us a note, we love to hear from you!