Wednesday, September 22, 2010

baking with CAPow!

I mentioned a couple of weeks back that I baked some Nutella Macarons for M's sister and step-mom. Here's how it went:

Step 1: cutting the parchment paper to line the pans and drawing 18 circle templates on each sheet.

Meanwhile, make sure the eggs and butter are reaching room temperature.

Double sift the dry ingredients.

Pipe the macaron batter, then let for 15-30 mins until they don't stick to your finger when touched. Make sure to rap the sheet against the counter a few times to help encourage good pied!

Unfortunately, they didn't come out as perfect as I had hoped. The first batch was the perfect consistancy, but I didn't let them dry long enough so they cracked during baking, and didn't pied. The second batch I grabbed the wrong measuring spoon, so the dry ingredients measurements were TOTALLY WRONG. They didn't look right, but they still tasted amazing! 

I let the macarons cool, then filled the first batch with Nutella and the second batch with Peanut Butter Buttercream that I adapted from this recipe at Suzy Bakes.

If you want to try baking your own batch I totally recommend the cookbook I use: I Love Macarons. This book is super affordable, AND offers step by step photo instructions that makes baking macarons a snap!

7 comments:

  1. I've actually never eaten a macaron. I know it's a lil criminal. When I move into my new place they are one of the first things I want to try to make!! These look yummy! I love the picture tutorial! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, I love Nutella. I get it every year in my stocking...Nutella Macarons sound delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! These look incredible! Nutella is the best, no?

    ReplyDelete
  4. ummm that is amazing, i didn't even know you could make your own!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They LOOK like they taste amazing! Mmmmmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chocolate macs are my favorite. Love the Nutella filling, I'm sure they tasted amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still need to try making a chocolate mac! These look great and tasty!

    ReplyDelete

leave us a note, we love to hear from you!