Thursday, September 2, 2010

letters


Dear Summer,
You are pretty much over, and I feel like I've spent the last three months waiting for it to officially feel like you had arrived. But that never happened. You were bright, sunny, and warm...but I just didn't get that summer feeling this year. Maybe I spent too much time inside working. Next year when you come back, I know we'll have a lot more fun. But I'm going to be honest, I'm very happily saying goodbye to you and welcoming the fall.

Dear LAMB Collection,
I spent years buying you, lusting after you, and then letting you sit in my closet untouched. I spend hours online drooling over other pieces I couldn't afford. But I put you all on eBay. At this point in my life, paying some bills is more important than knowing you are sitting in my closet. I'm sad to see you go, but I know you're all going to good homes.

Dear Future Puppy,
I met some pretty sweet pups recently, and it makes it that much harder to have to wait to bring you home. I don't know when or where we'll meet, but I know you will be loved. 

Dear Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer,
You're not in my local grocery store yet. Please hurry! I'm looking forward to savoring everything about this fall!

2 comments:

  1. totally with you on the summer letter.
    it was such a let down.
    roll on fall (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I hope you find a puppy soon! And the pumpkin spice coffee creamer. I'm kind of excited for fall too.. it's been way too hot around here!

    ReplyDelete

leave us a note, we love to hear from you!