Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Falls View Park


Nestled away in little Cohoes, NY is a beautiful waterfall whose power is being harnessed for electricity. I think it's the most beautiful and peaceful park we have in our area.

 This is the view from the observation deck. Looking at the falls with the golden sunlight, I realized we might have been a few weeks early. We will definitely be back again once the leaves change.

M looking through the chainlink fence. <3

 We descended a staircase and made it down to the lower level that is open for fishermen. The falls were even more beautiful from this level. The signs there say that it is second only to Niagara Falls. I'm not sure about the accuracy of that, but they certainly are breathtaking.

4 comments:

  1. I really don't take advantage of living in New York. I live about 20 minutes from the GW bridge but I'm right by the start of the NY thruway. I should go more places because it would be so easy to get to there. This waterfall is gorgeous! The pictures are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how lovely! i had no idea that existed. i'm heading to Niagara Falls this weekend myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love hidden gems like this! next time i'm in the area (haha), i'll stop by!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ummm...can i please have this view??

    ReplyDelete

leave us a note, we love to hear from you!